Inside Sales Advisor
|Department:|| North America Business-Regional East |
|Type:|| Full Time |
|Location:|| PA, Forty Fort|
|Salary:|| Not available|
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Under the direction of the Call Center Manager, the Inside Sales Advisor is responsible for selling via the telephone. This position is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and closing new commercial (business) accounts, completing renewals on an existing customers account, correcting rejections and/or retaining cancelled customers in order to meet revenue goals set by the company.
- High school diploma or GED required, some college preferred.
- Prior telephone sales experience preferred.
- Business to business preferred Basic knowledge of Windows, Internet and email
- Must be able to type with some speed (30 wpm) and maneuver through multiple tabs at any given time Bilingual, English-Spanish preferred but a second language a plus.
- Deliver on the agreed sales targets in terms of overall annual gross margin, customer numbers, call totals and energy volumes in the defined market segment.
- Achieve a minimum conversion (sales target margin) off campaign lists by selling competitive gas and/or electric.
- Maintain an acceptable volume of sales per week and month; and a high percentage of good quality orders.
- Make outbound commercial sales calls to renew or extend existing customers energy plans with Direct Energy with in Discovery or ERM platforms, retain sales from existing customers that may have been rejected and/or cancelled and make outbound prospecting commercial sales calls to former and prospective customers.
- Field calls from Inbound sales queues.
- Sales process includes driving sales using appropriate tools like Discovery, ERM, DEHQ, Sales Force, and the daily Matrix (where available), obtaining needed usage information, preparing offers, negotiating and closing of deals within an acceptable time frame, obtaining authorization on contracts, exhibits, and other required documentation.
- Must have excellent product and customer knowledge by territory to educate customers on pricing and application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Act as liaison between customer and other departments/counterparts when needed for resolutions.
- Satisfy acceptable adherence to schedule and attendance policy.
- Other projects and campaigns as needed.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
Apply now Return to search results