EDI Analyst 2
|Category:|| Commercial Group|
|Department:|| North America Business-Regional East |
|Type:|| Full Time |
|Location:|| PA, Pittsburgh|
|Salary:|| Not available|
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The EDI Analyst 2 is responsible for performing the day to day transactional activities and supporting continuous improvement projects for the data management team. He / She is part of a team that is accountable for complete, and accurate processing of 1,000,000 transactions / month which drive the customer enrollment, billing, payment processing, and usage forecasting for 250,000 utility accounts and $6B in annual revenue. The candidate will participate, support and maintain all operational aspects of Direct Energy’s relationships with utility trading partners and to represent Direct Energy on any tariff or operational changes planned by the utilities. He / she will participate in these relationships as needed to help facilitate resolution of operational issues that arise with utilities in existing and new markets. These issues may be due to Utility tariff or system changes, problems, or changes of internal Direct Energy operating procedures which require coordination with utilities.
The successful candidate will contribute in the strategic growth initiatives such as new product and service offerings, new market entries, non-standard contracts, external market changes, and operational platform updates. He / she is responsible for performing the ongoing monitoring of fit for purpose quality controls designed to ensure the integrity of all data exchanges between internal and external partners. The controls framework will be updated based on consultation with other members of leadership, subject matter experts, personal knowledge base and industry best practices. The candidate should have a variety of competencies including knowledge of strong problem solving skills, Microsoft Suite of applications and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration is preferred
- 2 - 3 years of energy industry experience preferred
- Proven ability to lead small projects
- Aptitude to use data to identify root cause analysis
- An effective communicator with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrates expertise in utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel - MS Access and SQL preferred
- Knowledge of flat files and EDI standards is a plus
- Knowledge of managing FTP sites is a plus
- Understanding of IT Development Life Cycle a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a pressure paced environment
- Adhere to team objectives that align to the Direct Energy and Customer Operations Management Agenda
- Prepare recommendations for process improvements and participate in testing/implementation with both internal and external vendors.
- Identify, recommend, test, and implement future system enhancements to make the data management process more accurate and efficient.
- Ensure operational readiness for new products and new market entries by testing, and implementing processes or data migrations that produce accurate customer invoices.
- Follow protocols for preventing and handling data exceptions and delays.
- Manage all inbound and outbound electronic data transactions that flow through the internal data management middleware platform.
- Analyze and correct data transactions that fail to load into Direct Energy application suite.
- Run and review utility transaction reports to find missing or incorrect data.
- All other projects and duties as assigned.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
Apply now Return to search results