About Direct Energy » Community Involvement
Making a Difference in People’s Lives
- Direct Energy has weatherized over 6,000 homes in Houston, TX with an average energy reduction of 12 percent on a typical monthly consumption of 1,200 kilowatt hours
- Geothermal heating and cooling systems offered in select markets
- Working with partners Whirlpool, Best Buy, Lennox and OpenPeak, Direct Energy helped develop the Home Energy Manager, a prototype software application set within a user-friendly, touch-screen device
- Partnered with the Alliance to Save Energy’s Green School Program, to help 16 schools throughout Pennsylvania cut their electricity costs by 5 to 15 percent
- Through the Reduce Your Use program, Direct Energy is contributing $100,000 to nonprofits to help them reduce energy use –their videos will be posted on Direct Energy’s Facebook page and shared by viewers
- Direct Energy is committed to supporting organizations in three key focus areas by providing funding, products and services, knowledge, networking and volunteers.
- Sponsor of 2013 Volunteer Citizen of the Year awards in 5 states and provinces across North America (Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Illinois and Alberta), as well as the 2013 Junior Citizen of the Year award in Ontario.
- As of 2013, Direct Energy administered and provided support for over 37,000 customers through programs such as Neighbor to Neighbor, Low Income Discount Assistance and senior discounts.